Bitpim allows you to transfer and edit data from your mobile device to your computer and back. The application works with most CDMA phones but will interact best with specific models from brands like LG, Samsung or Motorola.
Once your phone is connected to your computer simply select the option to synchronize the device. A little pop-up window will allow you to select what data to choose from your phone. It normally lists everything, from your calendar to contacts and messages to music and wallpapers. Transferring is fairly quick. Once the data is uploaded to the Bitpim program you can edit it and make any changes. Send it back to your device and Bitpim will ask you whether you want to replace or add the information. I did find Bitpim's interface a little sparse and didn't really like how it opened numerous windows at startup.
Bitpim will not always work properly via Bluetooth, so its best to connect your mobile phone via a USB cable. Need to transfer and edit data from your mobile device to your computer?
- Bug fix: LG VX-8800/10000 Note Pad.
- Improvement: LG AX-8600 Call History and Note Pad (patch submitted by David Ritter).
- Bug fix: LG VX-8500/8800/10000: better BREW file access (i.e. fewer "file block" errors).
- Bug fix: LG VX-9900: access to the mmc1 dir via Command Line Interface (CLI).
- Bug fix: Motorola: BitPim failed to read phonebook from some Motorola models.
- Improvement: Call History: Navigate to other subtrees.
- Bug fix: SCP-6650: Fix Katana-II phone/port detection
- Add "extrazero" fields to listfile and listdirectory responses so that filesystem view will work for Samsung SPHA-900. May break filesystem view for other phones.
- New phone support: Sanyo SCP-8400
- New phone support: LG VX-9100 (enV2)
- Bug fix: Can't view Data Recording files on non-Intel Mac.
- Bug fix: Correctly process BREW special files.
- New phone support: LG VX-8560
- New Phone support: LG VX-9700
- New Phone support: LG VX-8610
- Bug fix: LG VX-9900 SMS support.
- Bug fix: Sanyo SCP-7500. Correctly read date on Sent messages.
- Maintenance: Upgrade build script.
- New phone support: LG LX-570 (Musiq) (Initial)
- Bug fix: Support for the LG VX-8800 V4, LG VX-8550 V4, and LG VX-10000 V9.
- Bug fix: Calendar Import Filter dialog raised exception.
- Improvement: In the Get Data from Phone and Send Data to Phone dialog, clicking on either the Add or Replace All selection of a row will also enable that row.
- Improvement: Edit PhoneBook Entry dialog: add/edit ICE setting.
- Bug fix: LG VX-8350, LG VX-8550: failed to read/write large files.